Caring Adoptions’ objective to “Find Families For Children” means our emphasis is on the best plan for your child. Our Staff will provide the necessary resources and counseling to enable you to decide whether adoption is in the best interests of your child. We understand that this is a significant, difficult and caring decision.
Services Included in Your Adoption Plan:
- Personalized attention and understanding
- Pre/Post-adoption counseling
- Choosing an Adoptive Family for your child
- Making a Hospital Plan
- Deciding on the right adoption plan for you and your child
- Ongoing support
- Housing Assistance when needed
- Transportation to and from medical services and counseling appointments
- Legal resources
- Approved living and medical expenses
Birthmothers Design Their Own Individualized Adoption Plan
Caring Adoptions Staff will guide you in designing your Individualized Adoption Plan. Your plan will :
- include needs you identify, such as financial, medical, housing and transportation.
- be flexible and include your desires in regard to matters such as independent living, type of adoption (semi-open, open, or closed) and criteria for Adoptive Parents.
- offer confidential counseling with Staff members experienced in working with Birthmothers or with an independent licensed professional.
Your initial Individualized Adoption Plan is a guide to be followed throughout the adoption process.
Birthmothers Choose the Adoptive Parents
Your Individualized Adoption Plan includes information to enable our Staff to identify Adopting Parents meeting your criteria. Profiles prepared by qualified Adopting Parents will be shown to you. These persons have been screened to meet the Adoption Standards of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Birthmothers Choose the Type of Adoption
You select your level of involvement in the adoption process, by selecting the type of adoption:
- Open – Complete identifying information exchanged; on-going contact both pre- and post-placement
- Semi-open – Some identifying information shared; meet either pre-delivery or at hospital; direct communication following placement as discussed between both parties; on-going exchange of pictures and letters, usually through the agency
- Closed – No identifying information shared; no contact before or after adoption; no on-going information of child shared
- Designated – Birthmother independently selects Adoptive Parents
Caring Adoptions Staff work with both you and the Adoptive Parents to determine the terms of contact in the relationship both “pre” and “post” placement. The Staff will work to ensure the agreements are honored by both parties.
Support services are available to you as the Birthmother, plus support for children you may be parenting. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-603-7162 or text 832-526-4333.